When it comes to the systems you choose for managing your data, you want performance and security that won't get in the way of running your business. As an industry leader in operational database management systems, Microsoft continuously improves its offerings to help you get the most out of your ever-expanding data world.
What's new in SQL Server 2019?
- Big data clusters deploy SQL Server side by side with Spark and HDFS into a single combined cluster for big scale and analytics
- Data virtualization connectors to Oracle, MongoDB, Teradata, other SQL Servers, and other ODBC compliance data sources
- SQL Server on Linux gets more features like agent replication, distributed transactions, PolyBase, and machine learning services
- Use Java code in your SQL queries in addition to already supported languages like .NET, Python, and R
- More support for Kubernetes and containers like Always On Availability Groups on Kubernetes
- Graph SQL query improvements like transitive closure
- Read the complete list of new features here
Early Adoption Program benefits
- Provide feedback directly to the SQL Server engineering team.
- Receive full production support from Microsoft Support via special support channel.
- Test the latest SQL Server features
Ready to try it out? Two options:
- Try the latest version of SQL Server with hands on assistance from the Microsoft engineering team by signing up for the Early Adoption Program. Learn more about the Early Adoption Program and sign up below.
- If you want to try out SQL Server 2019 on your own, learn more here.